Monday, August 2, 2010

When it comes to an end

I don't know how many people actually read and follow this blog, but I wanted to send out a general update on what has transpired over the last few weeks.

The month of July truly was filled to the brim with activities. From candidate seminar to the teens at Mission Enrichment and then finally EMC where we helped lead the STAMP program (the kids who are getting ready to head overseas). I loved being apart of everything that was going on. The rush of excitement through the office helped give us the stamina to make it through.
During this time Charity, my fellow intern, and I were having discussion about support and other details of the internship. We were faced with a hard problem. Neither of us had the support or vehicle needed to make this internship work. We sought after God and asked him to reveal his will for us, specifically with our jobs here at ABWE. Our boss looked into different options and today we came up with our conclusion.

Our time at ABWE has now come to an end. I have loved every project and conference that I was able to help with. Being at the home office and seeing the love of Jesus in every face that I encountered has been refreshing for my soul. I know that together as a team we pursued hard after this idea, but I truly believe that God has other plans. I'm thankful to the Mobilization team for welcoming me and making me feel at home, to all the staff for praying for us and being a part of my life while I was here, and for all my supporters who faithfully gave.

I'm not sure what is next, but I'm confident that I have a sovereign God who not only knows but cares about me. I'll be posting more soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Holly!

    It is sad to hear that your time has come to and end at ABWE for now. I'll be praying as God directs your next move. You and Charity (and PJ) did such an incredible job at ME this year! You guys rock!

    -ryan

    ReplyDelete