Saturday, May 29, 2010

My blogging as been less than consistent in my first month, but have no fear...I hope to be a little better as I get the hang of things.

Pennsylvania is definitely starting to feel like home. I am figuring out the confusing highways and hilly back streets. I've been able to make my way around York, Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Dillsburg, and any other town ending in burg. I've also been able to explore Baltimore and Philadelphia a little. I've become familiar with places like Sheetz and Neato, and eaten my fair share of Thai and Cheese Steaks. One of my favorite things is the weather here. We've had a lot of rain but when the skies are blue there are some amazing clouds and starry skies at night.

At the mission I've been keeping really busy. Projects for GAP (Global Access Partnerships) and planning for M.E. (Missionary Enrichment) have really challenged me. I love getting to know the people I am working with, and I've made some good relationships by walking around and eating the candy on their desks :)

If you think about it, please pray for me as I am still in the process of raising support. God has provided for me for these first few months, but I still need prayer to bring in the rest for this year.

Pictures below: 1. Root beer, fries, and apple crisp from Wolves...so good. 2. A picture of a park from Philly 3. Me in my retro chair from the office, it's sad but I think I'll have to give it up when I move desks. 4. An awesome view from the top of "the hill"...aren't the clouds awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment